John Wooden's Pyramid of Success

John Wooden's Pyramid of Success





Great performance does not happen by accident; leaders make it happen.

Flip Flippen

Monday, July 12, 2010

Action Research

I have learned action research is accessible and working to make schools and staff more successful. I believe in teamwork and team effort. I also firmly believe in collaboration. Action research brings about change as well as reflection and action. It enables schools and leaders to move forward and make progess in specific areas, both personally as well as professionally.

I feel like action research can be very useful as an administrator. I have already witnessed this process working on my campus. Not only in universtiy coursework, but also in district meetings, leadership teams, and professional learning communities.

I predict I would like to use action research to problem solve campus issues. From content, to staff development, to student needs- I see action research as a means to find resolution and make my campus as successful as it can be.

I also find action research to be beneficial in building staff morale. Teachers need to feel comfort and pleasure in their workplace. Teachers need to feel valued and respected. I hope to use action research to build and foster a system to give teachers input and work to communicate effectively. Happy teachers make good choices for their classroom, spreading positivity and enthusiasm to their students.

No comments:

Post a Comment